| RN | Ba Nursing Flinders University | Grad Cert Business | Cert1V Business |Associate Fellow Australasian College of Health Service Managers
Peter held the position of Director of Nursing with ECH in Victor Harbor from July 1994 to March 2001. He was appointed as the first private sector CEO for a ’For Profit’ group in SA in 2002 until 2005.
In 2006 Peter formed Aged Care Management Australia an independent aged care consultancy that has been operating at a national level since that time, and now employs 6 staff, with a new office in Victoria.
Peter provides independent advice to the Xenophon Independent senators on issues relating to the aged care sector.
In 2015 Peter was called to give evidence to the Senate Committee hearings into Indigenous Health focusing on remote health services and has recently has been called as an independent expert witness to the Senate Inquiry into the Oaken Aged Care service outcomes.
Peter held an active role as a nurse advisor on the former Commonwealth Government adviser panel from 2008 to 2016 when the panel was discontinued and has continued as an independent advisor having recently completed the management of sanctions against a remote Indigenous Community service and is currently acting as an advisor to another service provider where sanctions have been imposed.
Peter has successfully completed 5 contracts as nurse advisor where sanctions have been imposed and countless appointments to prevent issues of non-compliance from escalating to sanctions. Much of the focus of ACMA is with working with organizations to identify risks and prevent potential non-compliance from occurring.
As a business, Aged Care Management Australia (ACMA) have been providing innovative solutions for local governments, not-for-profit and for profit providers as an aged care consultancy service since 2006. ACMA has an industry rich team of specialist’s consultants that work in partnership with residential and community service providers and in collaboration with their stakeholders to develop solutions and outcomes founded on the principles of quality and governance. ACMA has a strong history of health service planning, design, development and delivery as well as contract management and compliance. ACMA have had great success in addressing the governance and compliance challenges for all of our clients, and are currently engaged in the provision of contract management services to a number of organization’s across the nation.
Leslie Susan Jeffers
| Research & Development Consultant |
Lesley is a proud Registered Nurse of 40 years. From a very young age she was interested in nursing and in her career she also discovered a passion for aged care. Lesley has significant experience in nursing, management, aged care, quality and risk management, research and workforce development. Theses spheres of activity have led to a mission to raise the standards of aged care in residential services and in the community.
• Understanding Dementia MOOC, 2016 University of Tasmania
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, 2013 TAFESA
• Graduate Certificate Public Sector Management, 2009 Adelaide University Grad School Management
• Professional Development Program 2007 Adelaide University
• Graduate Certificate Clinical Effectiveness 2004 Adelaide University
• Certificate Acute Care Nursing Course 1999 University South Australia
• Bachelor of Arts 1997 Flinders University
• Registered Nurse Program 1980 Queen Elizabeth Hospital, SA
Leslie has extensive experience and practical application of contemporary management in Nursing, Hospitality, Acute Health and Aged Care including:
• Customer service
• Workplace training, mentoring and development
• Client assessment
• Human Resources Management
• Workplace Health and Safety
• Proven ability to set targets and achieve positive result.
Leslie has also been published in many local and international journals and publications.
| Senior Consultant |
Nick is a health care business leader with proven experience in aged and disability care, sector reforms, change management and business operations. Nick’s passion is creating and implementing quality frameworks for service delivery and has led several services through accreditation reviews obtaining 100% compliance against the standards. Nick is able to balance a commitment in maintaining excellence in service provision with commercial practical realism.
As a tertiary qualified health care professional, Nick has strategically administered highly performing programs to obtain service delivery targets while operating within their financial budgets. Nick has innovatively identified and developed new streams of revenue while implementing changes during the current age care and disability sector reforms. This includes the creation of an equitable consumer fee policy and several successful submissions to the Australian Government to increase the allocation of community packages. Nick has been a convener and organiser of community sector conferences and has presented at universities, health networks and for special interest groups and peak bodies. Nick has provided outreach education, workshops, and presentations to aged care facilities in remote and regional areas of Australia, as part of the Commonwealth Dementia Support for Assessment (DSA) Program.
• Bachelor of Health Science (Occupational Therapy)
• Diploma of Management
• Diploma of Human Resource Management
• Tertiary studies in Human Movement and Disabilities
• Auditing compliance against regulatory standards
• Implementing and leading Age Care Sector reforms within services
• Proposal and submission writing
• Innovating business to develop and grow
• Enhancement of service delivery by product strengthening
• Policy development writing and implementation
| Senior Consultant Aged & Community Care WA |
Fiona is an aged and community services executive with over 20 years’ experience in operations and enabling roles in not-for-profit organisations, local government and private business.
Fiona has held responsibility for operational oversight and management, business systems, quality and risk, project management and governance. She is focused on the strategic issues facing organisations as they seek to respond to the changing profiles and expectations of clients and the reforms underway by Government in the aged, community and disability sectors.
Fiona has consistently achieved results above industry standard with an enduring focus on customer service and satisfaction. She thrives on working with staff and executive teams alike to create constructive workplace cultures and believes that nobody is as good as everyone, when everyone is working well together.
Fiona has led organisation wide technology projects, including client record and management systems, finance and payroll software implementations, harnessing business intelligence to inform decision making. From 2012-2014, Fiona was the inaugural chair of the National ComCare User Group, now a Telstra owned Community Care Software solution.
- Executive Certificate in Health Service Management
- Diploma of Business
- Certificate IV in Occupational Safety, Health and Training
- Tertiary studies in Disabilities and Health Care
- Auditing compliance against regulatory standards
- Implementing and leading Aged Care Sector reforms within services
- Business analysis and performance improvement
- Policy development writing and implementation
- Staff coaching and development
- Governance systems